Miracles Workers Needed. No Experience Necessary.

Jesus I need to know.
How did You pull off those miracles? I'm not talking about calming the storm, healing the sick, feeding the multitudes, or rising from the dead. Clearly those are out of my league. I need to know how You focused on love in a world full of hate. 

Granted, You were fully divine, and we are not. Still, You said that Your followers would do even greater things than You. So I am here to ask, “How?” How did you keep loving when all the odds were stacked against You?  


Just when Your career was taking off, Your own family tried to shut it down. They thought You had lost Your mind. 


Your closest friends misunderstood You. They doubted You. They turned against You. They left You. Weren't You terribly lonely? 


Your critics did everything possible to destroy You. They lied, spread rumors, and insulted You at every turn. 


Still, in a violent world, You didn’t take revenge.  You gave peace.  


As tyrants ruled, You liberated.  


You weren’t swayed by popular opinion. When everyone treated women as property, the sick as evil, and the poor as slaves, You valued them as precious gifts from God. You didn’t judge those who were broken by grief, mental illness, or doubt. You welcomed them. 


You refused to perform when Herod demanded a magic trick, even though it could have saved Your life. You definitely didn’t struggle with people pleasing. You reserved Your anger to defend others and to declare Your mission.  You never used it to protect Your image.


These are the miracles I want to learn how to do. I need to know because the world is a mess, and it’s hard to stay focused on love.


Show me how to reserve my anger so I can use it for good. Save me from the lie that I need to prove my worth, or the greed that constantly takes more than it ever gives. Save me from the exhaustion of people pleasing so I have the energy to serve. Save me from bitterness, disillusion and despair. Remind me again that You proclaimed heaven on earth even as You traveled through human cruelty.  


Here is what I know is true. When people learn these things, another path of love is cleared through this world. So help me learn God, not just for myself, but for all of those who need a miracle today.  


That’s all for now. Amen.  


Thoughts to ponder:

Who has cleared a path of love for you?

What step can you take today to clear a path of love for yourself and others?  


Popular posts from this blog

Pulling the World Toward Love

A Prayer For the Anniversary of 9/11 During a Pandemic

Where the Hell Are the Referees?